Stephen W. Gibson's discussion on the "Attitude of Money" reminded me of some important truths about money. One being that money itself is not evil. Money is a tool. However, how money is used shows the character of a person. How money is used can be good or evil. Money truly reveals the kind of person we are. I have lived in subsidized housing. I have been so poor that I have needed to rely on my parents and my in-laws for housing and care. I know what it is like to not have anything and to be grateful for the programs that exist to give people a hand-up and out of poverty. I also know what it is like to budget properly and make sufficient for my family's needs. Between the two of them, I much prefer the latter. When in poverty, I felt I could not do the things I wanted to do because I could not think about much else other than making ends meet. Now that my husband and I have become more self-sufficient, I am able to give more to others and to help them. In fact, I w...
Comments
Post a Comment