I have heard the saying, "The road to happiness is paved with gratitude." I have a sibling who seems to never be happy. She is constantly placing the blame of her own actions on others and uncontrollable circumstances. She claims that everything makes her unhappy. This sibling of mine is particularly difficult to be around right now for me with my cancer diagnosis. In what she feels is a form of empathy, she will claim that she knows what I am going through when she has no idea (and I am glad she does not). However, I cannot tell her that or it will start a fight. When the suggestion arises that she would be happier if she figured out what she was grateful for every day, she shrugs it off and says things like, "Well, that may work for you, but that doesn't work for me," and then she settles into her victim-hood. This makes it difficult to carry conversations with her and have her get to know me because she gets angry at every little thing and makes ...
Comments
Post a Comment