Skip to main content

Dreams

I am a dreamer.

I am also a planner.

Both of these qualities about me occasionally keep me up at night and into the early hours of the morning.

I dream to get out of student loan debt. I made the plan with my husband to create a budget so we could tell every dollar we earn where to go before we spend it. We are due to be student loan debt-free by the end of next year.

I dream to own a house I love mortgage-free. Once we are out of student loan debt, we will save up for a down-payment on a new home. Then, we will work on paying it off.

I dream to own my own gym debt-free. I am thinking I want to go for a franchise, however, because those tend to be cheaper and more popular.

I dream to graduate with an MBA. I am currently in school and beginning that process. I want to own other businesses and help them to succeed.

I dream to be a good mom. I home-school my kids so they spend a lot of time with me and we get to do a lot together.

I dream to be cancer-free. I am on chemo and doing the best I can with the strength I have to beat it in spite of it rearing more of its ugly head.
 
I am a dreamer and a planner.

Both of these qualities about me keep me going, keep me growing, and keep me distracted from my problems. I love that I know I will never give up on my dreams. I will keep planning for them and doing the best I can because I know that I will be able to accomplish all of them with the help of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Money

Stephen W. Gibson's discussion on the "Attitude of Money" reminded me of some important truths about money. One being that money itself is not evil. Money is a tool. However, how money is used shows the character of a person. How money is used can be good or evil. Money truly reveals the kind of person we are. I have lived in subsidized housing. I have been so poor that I have needed to rely on my parents and my in-laws for housing and care. I know what it is like to not have anything and to be grateful for the programs that exist to give people a hand-up and out of poverty. I also know what it is like to budget properly and make sufficient for my family's needs. Between the two of them, I much prefer the latter. When in poverty, I felt I could not do the things I wanted to do because I could not think about much else other than making ends meet. Now that my husband and I have become more self-sufficient, I am able to give more to others and to help them. In fact, I w...

Time

Time is such a valuable thing, and it is a concept that is difficult for me to control. I call myself a time-optimist. I always think I have more time to do something than I actually do. This shows itself most of the time when I am about to leave the house to go somewhere. "Oh, I have time to do this one last thing," is what I tell myself before rushing out the door and leaving at the time my appointment--be it a serious appointment like a doctor's appointment or a fun one like a girls' night out. It's something that I have struggled with my whole life. Last year I discovered time-blocking. This was revolutionary to me to set alarms and schedule out my entire day. I own an Apple watch and an iPhone, so I enjoyed seeing all of the colors appear on my calendar. They all showed exactly where I was supposed to be and when I was supposed to be there. I also had time blocked out for the small things I wanted to do like contacting a friend I hadn't talked to in a whi...

Finish

If I had advice for someone who was thinking of becoming an entrepreneur, I would tell them to start. I would tell them to start because waiting does not do any good. Then I would tell them to finish. Start. Sometimes starting is one of the hardest things to do. We get in our own way all the time. We come up with excuses as to why we cannot do this or that when in reality it is only ourselves that are standing in our own way.  So, just get going on what you want to do. Know where you want to go. Know what kind of person you want to be and who you want to become. Have standards on how you want to live your life and run your business. Have standards on who it is you surround yourself with. Always have the end-goal in mind and prepare game plans A-Z to get there so you can finish. Life is short, and days go by too fast. That may be a cliché, but clichés usually exist because there is some truth to them. There will never be a time when you feel like there is enough time in the ...